Monday, February 23, 2009

8th of February

Before I attended Grace it had never crossed my mind that mission work could involve starting up churches spoken in the missionary’s native tongue for other foreigners to attend. But when I came to this English speaking church I realized how special and important it was. Moving to another country is hard enough let alone not having any Christian support around you. I know if I moved abroad I would really appreciate a church like this. Grace is also the perfect example of how a church is not defined by the building it is held in but by the members because at the moment Grace rents various halls to hold its’ services. I enjoyed chatting to these members and hearing about their likes and dislikes about Japan as well as some of their personal difficulties which I will continue to pray for. There are also Japanese members who can speak English who attend which I liked because I got to see a whole mix of ages and cultures come together to worship our one God.

-Anna Parkinson

No comments: